Buxton’s Boxes has a full selection of storage and moving supplies available for you. Whether you need extra boxes for your move, or just for storage, you can find them here. Our boxes come in a variety of sizes to meet your personal needs.
In addition to all the supplies you’ll need for your move, we also offer a wealth of moving tips and resources, including printable checklists for local and out-of-state moves and our very own «Pack like the Pros» video series. Learn how to pack dishes, glasses, pots, pans, appliances, lamps, mattresses and much more!
The secret to packing like a pro is having the right protective packaging. You can never go wrong with too much protection. We have a huge selection of packing and moving supplies. Be sure to select mattress covers and plastic furniture covers for your move. You may also wish to add some extra packaging for your most valuable items. You can rest easy knowing that your belongings will be safe.
Buxton’s Boxes is happy to provide your supplies for packing and moving. The lists shown here may not reflect what we have in-stock at our display. Some items are not shown here but we have made a great effort to be as thorough as possible in order to help you create your shopping list for your upcoming move to a new place or just to store your items at our facility.
Moving across country or even across a city, state or province can be stressful. The move can become even more challenging if it includes relocating a vehicle. Here are some tips we have found to be useful…
• Move on a weekday if you can, when banks, utilities and government offices are open.
• Order preprinted address labels with your new address as soon as you know it. It makes the change-of-address process much easier.
• Keep a utility log to check service-transfer dates. If you’re moving locally, leave the power and water on at your old address a few extra days so you can go back and clean up after your move.
• Choose a “packing room” ahead of time and box up a few things each day.
• To save time, rent a carpet shampooer at the same time you rent your truck.
• Mark each box with its contents and destination room. That way, you and your helpers will know where each box belongs at your new home.
• If moving locally, you may want to leave your pets with a friend during moving day. Animals can become confused and frightened during a move.
• Remember to allow for extra braking room when driving a moving van. Anticipate stops and allow a 3-second gap between you and the vehicle in front of you.
• U-Haul moving vans require up to 12 feet of overhead clearance. Watch out for drive- thru restaurant and motel over-hangs.
Make sure you pickup the right kind of boxes for your items. Buxton’s Boxes offers a number of different choices whether it’s electronics boxes, clothing boxes, or just the normal packing box. Visit our supplies store to purchase any supplies you need to make your move easier.
1. Group items of similar size and weight. Try not to mix belongings from different rooms of your home. First, pour a layer of packing peanuts into the bottom of the box. Wrap heaviest items first with bubble wrap or packing paper and place them in the bottom of the box.
2. Wrap additional, lighter items with bubble wrap or packing paper and separate them from items in the bottom of the box with cushion foam. Place heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top.
3. Before closing your box, cushion the entire package using packing peanuts or crumpled packing paper stuffed firmly into unfilled spaces to prevent shifting and damage to your goods. Your filled box should not weigh more than about 30 pounds, or that which you can lift easily. Under packed boxes may collapse in transit, while over packed boxes can rupture, damaging belongings.
4. Close the box and seal it with sturdy packing tape. Label the box with its contents and destination room.
So in addition to all the moving supplies you’ll need for your move, let us assist you with a wealth of moving tips and resources, including printable checklists for local and out-of-state moves. Put our experience to work for you!